Announcement of EMBTF participants
The 9-member jury has put their heads together over the past few weeks and after an extensive selection process by the jury, the participants of the EMBTF 2021 programme are now complete!
It has been a challenging decision process, which speaks for the high quality of the level of the received applications. Special thanks go therefore to the jury, consisting of: Bo Blaaberg, Jesper Mardahl, Katharin Ahrend, Mar a Rut Reynisd ttir, Maxie Gedge, Robert Meijerink, Thomas Rohde, Victoria Skovhus, Will Larnach-Jones.
The following participants have been chosen:
- Astrid Storm Thorsen | A&R at Copenhagen Records (Universal Music Denmark) | DK
- Colm O’Herlihy | Founder INNI | Iceland
- Hildur Maral | Co-Label Manager & Head of Marketing at Mercury KX (Decca/Universal Music Group) | UK/Iceland
- Jens Uhre Karlsson | Manager at Heartbeat Management, Agent at Backbeat Music | DK
- Jørgen S lensminde Avsnes | Artist and producer Management at Made Management | NOR
- Maria Riedel Borg | disco:wax / No3 / One Seven Music / Sony Music | DK
- Oskar Pullinen | A&R at The Bank | FIN
- Robert Frederick Harry Aitken | Operations & Finance Officer at Brighter Sounds, Trustee at National Foundation for Youth Music, Co-Director at Traffic MCR, DJ & Producer (AYRTAN) | UK
- Sandra Perens | A&R Manager at Tier Music Publishing, Event Coordinator at Arvo Paert Centre | EST
- Sjoerd Vriesema | Freelance project manager | NL
- Tom Besford | Chief Executive at English Folk Expo | UK
- Victoria Brüker | Department Development Artist at OHA! Music GbR | DE
Jeppe Rasmussen (Promus), Aarhus, MCN Member: “I think the Jury managed to select a very strong and diverse group of music industry players who I am sure will bring many strong, progressive, and creative ideas to the table - ideas that will help shape the future of European music. From the beginning, it was important to have participants representing as many nationalities, genres, industry fields, skill sets, and cultures as possible and I think the jury managed to perfectly select 12 candidates who reflect that.”
From August 2021 until the end of January 2022, these 12 upcoming European music business professionals will have the opportunity to embark on a transnational European expedition searching for answers to the question:
How can we boost European music within Europe?
The first kick off online training session will be on August 18th 2021. Additionally, the Task Force and the project will be presented at the SPOT Festival in Aarhus, Denmark. The programme is a unique chance to become part of a European music business task force that will actively shape the future of the European music market.
EMBTF is organized by the transnationally acting Music Cities Network in partnership with Promus Aarhus and in collaboration with four key northern European music festivals and conventions - SPOT Festival, DK, Reeperbahn Festival, DE, Iceland Airwaves, IS, Eurosonic, NL.
For more information, visit our EMBTF project website.